I used to wonder how people would get up at the crack of dawn, workout and then go to work all day? Trust me I tried and found myself wanting to knock out by noon.
Then I decided to really become intentional with my morning workouts and started practicing ways to stay motivated to want to wake up and work out!
Here are 5 ways I stay motivated:
- Get enough sleep the night before (preferably 7 to 8 hours a night)
- Have a clear morning routine
- Plan your workout in advance (incorporate cardio and weights)
- Know your why (what is your why to stay motivated?)
- Don’t overthink it (the more you think about the workout the less chance you will want to do it)
I hope these tips help you to get motivated to wake up and workout!
Tip: Don’t get intimidated by a workout. Start where you are and work your way up to your why.
Written by Regina Brown