What is mindfulness? This new catchy word is the new phrase craze!
According to Wikipedia: Mindfulness is the psychological process of purposely bringing one’s attention to experiences occurring in the present moment without judgment.
To live mindful is to be fully present in the moment and reawaken oneself. Mindfulness can help you to become more aware of your emotional and physical condition.
Meditation is one of the best ways to practice mindfulness. Here are some tips to start practicing to help you achieve being mindful.
- Take a Seat: Find a comfortable, quiet area that is calm to sit
- Set a time Limit: Beginners should start at 5 to 10 minutes
- Notice Your Body: If You choose to sit or kneel, make sure you are comfortable and stable in your position
- Feel Your Breath: Follow the sensation of your breath as you breath in and out
- Notice When Your Mind Wanders: It’s normal for your mind to wander. When you notice this focus back on your breathing
- Be Kind To Your Mind: Don’t judge yourself on what your mind goes to. Just stay open
Written by Regina Brown